Our Family and Student Support Worker Laura Hopper is currently on Maternity Leave.
Sam Dixon will be covering her role while she is on leave.
My name is Laura Hopper and I am the Family and Student Support Worker (FSSW) at Kingston Park Primary School.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to families. I can help you with any worries you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as just someone to talk to!
I can meet with families at home or school. I am available during school holiday periods as well. All support is confidential and impartial. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you work out how to find them!
The support I can offer is very flexible and may vary depending on what you may need as a family but it could include:
- One to one work with young people around issues such as self-esteem, friendships, bullying and family breakdown.
- Advice on improving behaviour at home and school.
- Linking with school to voice any concerns you may have about your child including attending school meetings with you.
- Signposting and help to access to services in Newcastle such as holiday and after school activities.
- Working with other agencies and acting as an advocate for you or helping to co-ordinate services.
- Support filling in forms e.g. benefits/housing/SEN.
- Help with career and personal development and access to training and workshops.
Why might you need support?
"I need someone to talk to other than family and friends"
"I'm finding my child's behaviour difficult to manage"
"I'm worried about my child moving from primary to secondary school"
"I would like ideas on how to encourage my child to do their homework without and argument!"
I also regulary run workshops and coffee mornings for parents and carers. Often these are in conjunction with School Health. Look out for letters and flyers coming home in your child's book bag. If you have any sessions you would like to see in school I am always looking for inspiration so please get in touch.
You can call/text me directly on 07970 740991 or contact through the school office. I am normally based in school on a Wednesday afternoon or all day Thursday but can be contacted throughout the week. You could also contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org