Friends of Kingston Park Primary School are a Parent Teacher Association. Every parent or carer of any child at school as well as every member of staff is member. As such, all are invited to the Annual General Meeting at the beginning of each school year and are informed about our activities via school newsletters and text messages.
On the 9th June 2010 FKPPS became a registered charity (Registerd Charity Number: 1136294)
Chair ~ Emma Snaith
Vice Chair ~ Gillian Dodds
Supplies ~ Cheryl Keith and Janice Simpson
Trustees ~ Gillian Dodds
Treasurer ~ Lucy Conroy
Minute Taker ~ Hadeed Awad
Website/E-mail ~ Christina Pringle
Supporting Members ~ Ann-Marie Cooper
School Staff Members ~
Mrs Jayne Evans, Mrs Suzanne Cowell, Mrs Edna Glenton and Miss Sarah Kasher
What we do:
We organise fundraising including sponsored events (dance-a-thon), non-uniform days, selling teatowels, foreign coin collections or Valentine’s heart competitions to name a few. Other events focus on giving children and parents the opportunity to meet and have fun outside school hours like the Summer Fayre, Christmas Market and the Autumn and Easter discos.
How are the funds used?
Funds raised provide every single child starting Kingston Park Primary School with their own school ‘starting school’ kit - a school bag, a PE bag and their first water bottle. We also pay for the school Christmas tree, Christmas-gifts for the children, pantomime for Foundation Stage, the school calendar, ice lollies on sports days and much more... Additionally we regularly support the school library to buy new books, the purchase of musical instruments, gardening equipment to be used in lessons and clubs and whatever other support may be required to enhance the children’s development and that of the school. Finally, we try where possible to support the teacher’s and parent’s suggestions with exciting new ideas for the school like the development of the outdoor area in recent years.
How can you help?
There are many different ways you can support Friends of School:
- First of all by attending or sending your children to our events and spending lots of money there.
- By donating prizes for tombolas and raffles, cakes and items to sell at the white elephant stall (toys, books, CDs, games in good condition).
- If you want to offer help preparing and running these events, please contact us by email email@example.com, leave your name and contact details and we will let you know when we need help, no obligation at all.
- If you’re interested in getting involved in Friends of School on a regular basis, to attend our meetings, develop new ideas for fundraising and fun events, take over responsibilities and help with decisions, you’re very welcome. Please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, leave your name and contact details and ask for the next meeting. We will contact you and invite you to our regular meetings. This is a great way of getting to know the school, teachers and other parents, carers and grandparents.
- The numbers of parents attending FKPPS meetings are slowly growing but there is room for more so we look forward to seeing new faces.
Keep updated with what we are doing by following our Facebook page 'Friends of Kingston Park Primary School'.